Is it possible to backdate entries in Moodnotes and MoodKit?
Yes! Simply start a new journal or mood rating entry and then tap on the date field to select an earlier time or date.
Is it possible to delete entries in Moodnotes and MoodKit?
Yes! Delete an entry by swiping it left while in list view.
What are the difference between Moodnotes and MoodKit?
- Each app is a totally independent toolkit, so they do not integrate data.
- Both apps allow users to enter and track mood an unlimited number of times per day, and have journaling, mood charting, and thought checking features.
- MoodKit is more customizable and includes a behavioral activity tool.
- Moodnotes offers all of its tools in a streamlined journaling format, has a more playful/fun interface, and provides "insights" and suggestions for thinking traps.
- Both apps allow user-entered data to be exported via email.
- We find many users enjoy having both apps, to use in slightly different ways!
Are your apps available for Android?
If you are interested in being among the first Moodnotes for Android beta users, please sign up here
! We do not currently have an Android app in development for MoodKit.
Will you be creating iPad versions?
Not at this time. Our primary focus has been and continues to be to create mobile health applications for the iPhone. We may do so in the future, but at this time we cannot provide any sort of estimate for when that might occur.
What happens to my app data if I upgrade to a new iOS device?UPDATE
: Moodnotes 2.0 features iCloud
Sync & Backup! Be sure to activate iCloud in your device's Settings
, as well as in the Moodnotes Settings
For security reasons, all of your app data resides on your device, unless you have iCloud Sync activated in Moodnotes (version 2.0 and greater). Before migrating to a new device, be sure you have completed both
of the following steps before restoring your apps (and data) from iTunes or iCloud:
Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes
- Update your app to the latest version and then backup your entire device to iTunes or iCloud (in order to backup your app data).
- Export all of your journal entries and other data via email for safe archiving, as there is always the possibility of data files being corrupted during restore.
iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview
How soon can we expect the next app update?
This is a common question, but a difficult one to answer. Although we are committed to providing quality updates in the timeliest manner possible, we are not able to provide specific information regarding when the next update of a given app will be released. In some ways, a new update is always pending. This, of course, involves more than meets the eye, with at least the following phases: Finding and resolving bugs/crashes —> prioritizing backlogged ideas and user requests —> identifying optimal implementations —> programming —> beta testing —> problem solving —> more beta testing —> submission for App Store review —> Apple’s approval —> new update release.